I had Mohs surgery three days ago.

I know how scary this experience can be and I wanted to share my story to help others.

Please read in reverse order as I can't figure out how to post the oldest first.

If you have any questions or comments, you can reach me at coelacanth17@gmail.com.

I'd love to hear from you.

Wishing you the best.

Friday, May 14, 2010

PART 7: At Home

I got home and was glad that my clothes were easily removable. I put on my pj's and got into bed. I was to sleep with two pillows, to have my head above my heart at all times. I remembered that I had a neck pillow for traveling, and I put that on. It has been so helpful in making me comfortable enough to sleep without having my head accidentally roll over onto the pillow. I cannot sleep on the right side of my face.

I have been drinking lots of water, and taking Vitamin C and Zinc. I have been eating protein. I read somewhere that this was recommended. I didn't feel like eating solid food, as it hurt to open my mouth and anything hard would be jarring. I've tried not to move my face too much, to remain calm and rest. I have my shake in the morning, which I sip through a straw, and for lunch and dinner I have soup and cottage cheese with fruit. It's all I feel like eating. The good thing is, right after the surgery I weighed a pound and a half less, and I've lost a half pound each day, which is a good thing because I had put on a couple of pounds during a recent vacation. I feel better getting back to my normal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment